Wednesday 29 February 2012

Benefit High Beam.


Everyone seems to rave about Benefit high beam and to be perfectly honest I don't think i'm a huge fan. I bought this mini 2.5ml sample size from ebay here last week so I could have chance to try it out and decide if i like it before buying the full size product. 

The couple of times I have used it, I find that it tends to remove my makeup slightly, and leave patchy white marks. I find that this happens even when I try to dab it really lightly. I've been using it on my cheekbones, forehead and nose, but I've read reviews from people saying they use it under their eyes to disguise dark circles, or on the brow bone as a highlighter, so I may try using it like this and see if I get better results. I'm not ruling it out completely and it may grow on me as I keep using it but at the moment i can't say i'm that excited by it, and I really don't think it's worth the price (£18.50 for the full size bottle).

Has anyone else tried high beam and isn't a huge fan of it? Everyone else I've come across seems to love it!


4 comments:

  1. I have not tried this product, glad I read this before hand though. I use a great illuminator, it leaves a golden glow that is perfect. I actually just did a post about it. Also, MAC skinfinish is perfect for wanting that 'dewey' finish.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm a lot of people seem to love this benefit one but i'm just not sold yet! Ahh i will check out your post :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I used to have the benefit one but found the exact same problem,it always slightly removed a layer of perfectly applied foundation!i really want a highlighter though,so will have to shop around :) cute blog i'm following

    http://2ndhandcinderella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem then! yeah i would like a different one too, i've heard MAC ones are good! thanks ill check out yours now xx

      Delete

Feel free to leave a message and I will reply to any questions! :) xxx