Monday 10 September 2012

Bourjois 'magic' nail polish remover




I've heard so many people mention this product in the past couple of months and I have been meaning to try it for so long! I change my nail varnish every couple of days so a product like this is definitely handy, as it's much faster than using nail varnish remover and cotton wool etc! Bourjois 'magic nail polish remover'  claims to remove nail polish in one second; from my experience I think this is a little optimistic, as it takes a couple of times before nail polish is fully removed. When I used this to remove glitter nail polish, it took even longer which I was quite disappointed with, as I'd seen reviews saying it removed glitter polish really easily (which can usually be a nightmare to remove!). I don't think the product should claim to remove nail polish in 'one second' as it's not really accurate. 

Despite this, I'm definitely a fan, and it generally is a lot faster at removing nail polish than using cotton wool. I do however get the feeling it's going to dry out quite quickly so I'm not sure how long it's going to last. Anyone that's tried it, how long has yours lasted? The one thing I really like about this product is that it removes all traces of nail varnish from around the edges of the nail, cuticles, etc, which can sometimes be a problem for me, and I end up with little bits of colour left on! It's also really moisturising to the nails, and leaves quite a nice scent which you wouldn't get with a normal nail polish remover (vanilla and red berry)! So overall, my opinion on this product is kind of mixed. I do like it but I'm not sure i will purchase it again, because at £4.99, although it's not mega expensive, it's a lot more than a standard bottle of nail varnish and a pack of cotton wool pads!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message and I will reply to any questions! :) xxx