Monday 2 April 2012

Percy & Reed Totally TLC Hydrating mask.


After seeing that Glamour magazine had a free sample of this with last month's issue I grabbed one straight away because I'm always looking to try new products and i thought the 100ml sample size was pretty generous! 

I tried this Percy & Reed hydrating mask out last week but I thought I'd wait until the next time i tried it out before reviewing it, which was last night. I have very thick hair so I generally have to use quite a lot of conditioner / mask at any time, and after two uses the 100ml tube has almost ran out which I am surprised at but I can't complain with it being a free sample! I was expecting to be blown away by this product as it seems to tick all the right boxes; cute packaging, a 'deep, indulgent treatment', marshmallow and coconut oil. However i can't say I like this product very much. It says to leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes, which I did both times, and i thought this would allow it to penetrate my hair and leave it feeling really soft, but i don't find it leaves my hair in very good condition. Seeing as it claims to 'leave hair soft and manageable' I didn't feel it lived upto its expectations.

Considering this product retails at £20.00 for 175ml, which I would consider expensive anyway even if I liked the product a LOT, there is absolutely no way I would buy it. There are so many amazing hair masks out there and I could easily name several I prefer over this one. I'm disappointed with this product as it seems like it could have so much potential based on the ingredients. Maybe it's just my hair that is in bad condition, but since this claims to be a 'hydrating mask' it doesn't leave my hair feeling hydrated at all; in fact, my hair feels quite dry. So I definitely wouldn't recommend this product I'm afraid. It was worth trying as a sample but theres no way I would buy it!

Did anyone else pick up Glamour and get a sample of this? I know they were also doing a Shampoo and Conditioner from the Percy & Reed range as samples too.


5 comments:

  1. I picked up the shampoo with Glamour, and it defiently didn't live up to my expectations. It made my hair feel oily, which it isn't! Not a great find!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah i'm glad its not just me who wasn't impressed with it! Definitely overpriced and not a good product! Following you now :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh thank you so much i will check it out now xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the mask free with glamour too, I've only used it once but I can't say the results were anything to write home about! x

    so-phee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I'm pretty unimpressed with it! following you now :)xx

      Delete

Feel free to leave a message and I will reply to any questions! :) xxx